Friday, February 20, 2004

wow. I'm home. bit of a culture shock. Last night I tried to make a bunch of Colombian food for G (and me!). Did not meet with total sucess, but I suppose that is to be expected when it's the first time, and I'm sure I'll get better with practice. The coconut rice was tasty though, and the patacon was too, even though it all fell apart... Need to find some white cornflour for arepas, yellow isn't the same... we saw some in the store when we were buying candy, but decided against trying to bring home white powdered stuff on an airplane.....

I think I will probably add some more entries here as time allows to fill out bits and pieces I didn't have time for while logged in from internet cafes, but that will be later. Would be cool to even add pictures, but that would require hosting them somewhere....hrm.

No comments: