Monday, February 09, 2004

more from 2/5/04

It´s a bit frustrating that the Spanish I have can only take me so far & that there are far many more greetings than ¿como estas?, because that´s the only one I know the answer to. Apparently I look close enough to Colombian that people try to talk to me in Spanish all the time. Good deal. There´s all kinds here - light, dark (skin), blue, brown, green(eyes), straight & curly(hair). Most of the girls are pretty small, & there aren´t too many fat people here, not like the midwest. Quite a few have a little curve or pudge, but it just seems to soften them, not make them fat really.

I think being sick has made me a little more open with trying to speak Spanish with his family. After all, they´ve seen me at my most vunerable, what´s the point of being embarassed for a few words? we´ll see.

No comments: