Sunday, February 08, 2004

well a good chunk of what was lost was me worrying about money matters back home, so while it was good to vent, not really necessary for all to read it! :D perhaps for the best.

From 2/5/04

Oh lovely day- I'm sick. Well, getting better, but I can tell this is going to be another full day in bed. At least I'm not throwing up anymore, although the smell of cooking makes me naseaus. (sp?) I'm at the frustrating point of being bored and a bit bedsore, but too weak to get up for more thatn a trip to the bathroom, maybe a shower. bummer. Not how I wanted to spend a vacation. His whole family was soooo worried and felt so bad. G keeps asking if I want to do or eat things, but I'm just not ready for much.

One thing I liked about the vendors at the stadium - they all had a special sound/call depending on what they were selling. Beer was obvious "cervezacervezacerveza!!!" The candy guys rattled Chicklets. The guys who had chips and other crispy things had a sort of "cuskcuskcusk" soud they made in from their throats.

Then there are the donkey carts that clop around the streets with the drivers ringing bell and/or rattling off a list of their wares. one guy even has a megaphone "naranjas y piƱas y yuca." etc etc. At first it seemed indecipherable, but if I actually listen I can grasp quite a lot.

No comments: