Friday, February 17, 2006

The Trip Has Officially Begun...

We made it to the airport, despite a scare of super icy Pleasant Plain roads. We had to go 35mph, and thought for sure we wouldn't make it in time. But once we got to Brighton it was smooth sailing. Phew.

The next big adventure will be getting through customs in Colombia and then to the hotel in Bogota. We have to say overnight there because we couldn't get a direct flight to B'quilla. boo. Tomorrow morning G will pick us up in Barranquilla, and then everything will be easy! His dad reserved us a taxi at the airport, so with all luck, we'll be guided through the whole process easily. At worst, I'll get to practice my Spanish, heh heh. Here's where I'm actually thankful that all the lessons I listened to were about going to hotels and such. And here I wanted to learn things for meaningful conversations! The lessons knew what I needed all along... sigh.

The plane is here, so I better get packed up.

Feel free to leave comments in the comment box, and share this blog with anyone who might be interested!

1 comment:

equestrianmondrian said...

wow wow wow I am insanely jealous. I really really really really think that you are lucky to have found a man that is so exotic and so kind. It brings me great joy to see the sweetness between the two of you. Heather I think this is such a good opportunity to learn another language. Imagine all the love songs you could sing in SPANISH. Lucky lucky lucky, I hope you swollow Columbia whole
and find that place inside from which there is no return. Boo YAH!!!!! have fun!!!!!